Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sorted - best wheel/tyre package as a second set for R400

Silverback

As the title says, I am after a decent wheel/tyre package as a second set for my R400 so I can keep one set for track days and another for road.

The standard 13's (6 and 8) with CR500s are out of stock with caterham parts at the moment so not sure about 3rd party options - would prefer to stay the same sizes/tyres if possible.

Also confused as hell over offsets and spacers - would like to be as 'standard' as possible and keep the cost to around £1,000 all in...

Thanks

Edited to say - sorted as I have bought the CXR's that were up for sale

Edited by - Silverback on 1 Aug 2014 17:53:56

Are you running CR500's on the road? if so then I'd go for something a bit sticker on track such as the Yoko 48r's or Toyo R888's

In terms of wheels I'm running 6.5" ET20 and 8.5" ET24 Compomotive CXR's, I have one set with the standard CR500 tyres on (175 front 205 rears). (I thought Compomotive went into administration last year but their website appears to still be live)

I think the Yoko's and R888's come in a 185 front and 205 rear which would work on these wheels.

Cheers

Rob

• 1 month later...

For those interested, Polley Motorsport tell me that Compomotive did have some financial issues last year but are pretty much back up and running and have wheels coming into stock within the next 1-2 weeks.

I see a set of 6x13 CXRs entering my life soon 🥰

Edited by - AndyD on 3 Sep 2014 15:34:17