Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Track day tyres

Ozzy

Now, I know you're all going to start groaning, as it's yet another tyre thread!

Anyway, I thought I read something on here recently, about some cheap tyres, but I can't remember what they were.

I'd like to try and find something around £60 apiece, that are reasonably sticky for track use only, so I don't cry when I destroy them very quickly 😬

I used to use 888's until they doubled the price, and the R1R's I use on road, although brilliant, are no good on track, as the tread blocks will melt!

Anyone found anything? Don't really want slicks, as it would be handy to be able to drive there and back a couple of times, before they are toast!

Oz.

*arrowup* Great road tyre, but new ones overheat very quickly on a dry track (after all AFAIK they are a wet motorsport tyre). I used to keep my old ones (non-road legal) and put them on a set of track day rims, however they would just about last one trackday.

I too would suggest cheap slicks for track use but Oz states in his post that he wants them to be road-legal. I've used brand new A021s in 185/70R13 on a dry track before and thought they were excellent value for money.