Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Carbon Rear Light Blocks and Clear Indicator Fitting

Some upgraded carbon rear light blocks and clear indicators now fitted with a full guide of the process including weight savings...

All on the blog

Hope it's of use..

Edited by - Roadracer1977 on 17 Jun 2014 23:32:51

Always good to get stuck into the upgrades from the outset *biggrin* Slightly confused as to why you needed to cut off the plug on the rear lights - I just drilled the hole in the carbon block a bit bigger so that the plug could go through (and saved 0.01g in carbon dust *wink*).

how much weight have you saved 🤔 I bet a wee before your trip would have saved more *wink* 😬

Go on Daniel admit it its all about the bling *cool* *wink*

Glad to see you are enjoying it , come up to Yorkshire and enjoy it even more on some great roads ( re surfaced for the Tour)

Quoting RFF: 
Information please.

Did the carbon blocks for reversing/ fog light come with no holes drilled in the back?

As i wish to attach these in a different manner.

No the holes were pre-drilled as can be seen in this picture

Quoting nickh7: 
how much weight have you saved 🤔 I bet a wee before your trip would have saved more *wink* 😬

Go on Daniel admit it its all about the bling *cool* *wink*

Glad to see you are enjoying it , come up to Yorkshire and enjoy it even more on some great roads ( re surfaced for the Tour)

Yup - it is all about the bling... I admit it *cool* the weight saving is just an added benefit 😬

Quoting Grubbster: 
Always good to get stuck into the upgrades from the outset *biggrin* Slightly confused as to why you needed to cut off the plug on the rear lights - I just drilled the hole in the carbon block a bit bigger so that the plug could go through (and saved 0.01g in carbon dust *wink*).

I dismantled the plug when I did mine so I could remove the old rubber block and thread the wires through the CF new block but on refelction it would have been easier to cut the old block off and make a bigger hole *redface*

A couple of other things I did whilst doing this mod was to finish off the joint from the CF block to the wheel arch with the piping used for the edging of the stone protector. IMHO it looks more finished. I also fitted a large blanking grommet where the wiring passes throught the wheel arch to stop grot collecting inside the CF block.

Not done for weight saving (a diet for me will have the biggest impact in that space) but they loook nice 😬

Edited by - Smiffy69 on 18 Jun 2014 19:50:25

re lights....the new LED side repeaters are an improvement but I would prefer not to have any indicators mounted on the wings as to me they look like an afterthought.

The CSR wings with the repeaters nicely incorporated are much neater & the flat top to the wings his handy for resting your mug of tea on while in the garage. *idea*