Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Headlight conversion, how to connect......?

10uptobase

Am trying to fit my new smaller headlights but am having problems getting the old connector pins out of the block that connects to the main loom in order to fit the new ones on the harness that came with the headlights. Got the yellow plastic shroud out that holds the end of the pins in the correct place out ok, but can't push the pins back out. Is there a trick to this or do I need a new connector block?

Hi 10uptobase,

When I did the same job on mine I found once the yellow shroud had been removed if you gripped the pin with a good pair of thin nose pliers along the length of the pin and pushed back toward the plug the pin clicked out. Then to reassemble push the pin back in the plug making sure its the correct way in then give it a quick tug with the pliers to click it back in place before putting the yellow shroud back on.

This worked for me better than the screwdriver.

Hope it helps

Mrp

Thanks for all the help guys. Had a go last night and can confirm a VERY small flat blade down the side of the pin works. There is as stated a small clip on the side of each pin. I held this off with the jewlers screwdriver whist pushing the pin back and it slides out very smoothly. Thanks for offer of the tool btw. Only got to find out why the side light isnt working now.... *wavey*