Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Air Filter for Ford Zetec

Craig

I am looking for an air filter for my Zetec powered Lotus/Caterham that has twin Jenveys. I have seen where Burton Power handles Pipercross one piece filters I saw where the KK600 will fit the Zetec but I don't know what filter to order. I have been using the dual filter socks by Pipercross.

Can anyone assist me in which filter to order?

Thanks,

Craig

If you want to go from dual filters to 1 single filter you will need a new back plate.

you need to measure the position of the inlet holes on the Jenveys and compare it to the offered back plates, or give Burton a call or any other supplier of foam filters

Hi Craig,

I used a foam filter from a UK company called RamAir. I wanted something to fit over my Jenvey TBs and within the standard bonnet cutout for the old crossflow.

At the time they didn't have a pre-cut backplate so I bought a blank and cut it to suit.

Not sure if this item would be a direct fit, but the filter itself is the same size as the one I used. If I recall correctly I had to slightly offset the backplate rearwards so that the front edge just brushed the inside of the cutout.

http://ramair-filters.co.uk/rt-carb-filters/caterham-ford-kent-weber-dcoe-twin-carburettor-bolt-on-air-filter.html

Phil