Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K Series Sensors

evotell

Quoting sforshaw: 
Terry, from memory my 1400K SS didn't have the first 2 items on your list *confused* Unless the 1st item is for the crank not camshaft?

Stu.

I can see that it wont need the cam shaft sensor as it has a sensor at the back of the crank, but what is the sensor on the manifold *confused*

Quoting evotell: 
Quoting sforshaw: 
Terry, from memory my 1400K SS didn't have the first 2 items on your list *confused* Unless the 1st item is for the crank not camshaft?

Stu.

I can see that it wont need the cam shaft sensor as it has a sensor at the back of the crank, but what is the sensor on the manifold *confused*

Depends on the age of your car. CC did produce some late 1400 cars which are likely to be EU3, and if so you will need a cam phase sensor.

The sensor in the manifold is the air temperature sensor.

Quoting Englishmaninwales: 
Quoting evotell: 
Quoting sforshaw: 

Stu.

Depends on the age of your car. CC did produce some late 1400 cars which are likely to be EU3, and if so you will need a cam phase sensor.

The sensor in the manifold is the air temperature sensor.

I am Farley confident that the car is a EU3 as its a late 2009 1.4. It came from Caterham as a base 1.4 and we got the ECU remapped and SS cams fitted. It defiantly has a crank sensor, are you saying it also has a CAM sensor as well?

Just been down my workshop and had the plastic cam off, cant see any sensors just the coil packs, nothing that I can see on either end of the cam. Is it obvious if it has a cam sensor?

Edited by - evotell on 28 Apr 2014 03:02:43