Click here if you are having website access problems ×

PRRT fitted - filling the system...

RogNeedham

• Leadership Team

I've read numerous threads on this subject but I seem to have a slightly different set up.

SLR with roller barrels and a Stack dash (so temp sensor ECU and gauge are in the rear by pass pipe near the pedal box)

Having had some useful pics from other club members ref the PRRT set up, I've now installed this along with the replacement part in the thermostat housing, however others seem to have blocked off the stat housing where the rear bypass pipe is fitted and the bypass outlet on the water rail.

Given that I have had to retain the rear bypass pipe to keep the sensors in situ, is there a preferred process to no fill the system and avoid airlocks.

Do I fill remove rear by pass pipe from water rail and fill from there...slowly?

thx in advance

Rog

Hi Rog,

When I fitted a PRRT to my old K series, it was esay to fill. Removing the thermostat in the engine block housing, gets rid of the cause of most of the airlocks.

As you say, fill the system from the highest point fairly slowly and you shouldn't have any problems. Make sure the heater circuit is open.

Have you put a tee peice filler cap into the heater pipe?

Edited by - Ivaan on 17 Apr 2014 10:54:20