Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Metric cage on imperial chassis

Ads7

Quoting markiebabes: 
*arrowup* Adam yes as above spacers will make it fit *thumbup* which cage you looking at ?

I think it's the roadsport cage with the single diagonal bar across the top. I'm after a cage which allows fitment of the screen and doors.

Adam

What sort of spacers do you guys use for the rear mounts?

Also I take it that the front mounts into the passenger side petty strut hole with the drivers side being the same except on the drivers side the hole is covers by the inner and outer side skin.

Cheers

Adam

Quoting markiebabes: 
Did you have to remove the nuts above the rear suspension ? ( Ones that go into fia and cage )

Not there were no bolts there so I will be trying to source some on Monday *thumbup*

Edited by - Ads7 on 22 Feb 2014 21:10:26

Quoting Cookie Monster: 
Adam

Make sure you bolt the rear legs of the cage up -its a bit of a faff!

I have some new spacers if you need them -oddly I didnt- they are a s*d to get from Caged.

Btw picked up some newly powder coated wheels from your mate today - top job!

Yea I found that I had to bolt the rear legs after I was struggling to line things up for 45mins. It's also looking like that I won't need spacers which is handy.

Glad you're happy with the wheels.

Caterham have a bag of fittings for a 2004 on car so wasn't sure. I'm sure it definitely needs the reduced bolts as there don't seem to be much space up there.

Can anyone help me on bolt and thread sizes so I know. Are the reduced head bolts 7/16" and how long are the bolts used in the front sill mounting points.

Thanks

Adam