Click here if you are having website access problems ×

XE Remote Filter Head Placement

cskip

I am struggling to find the ideal location for the remote filter head. I am using the Pace dry sump pump, which has the pressure feed to the remote filter pointing towards the back of the car (to clear the engine mount, so direction can't be changed). I am using a mocal filter head.

I have noticed that most people have the filter head placed in front of the engine, which is an option. However I was trying to avoid a 180 degree hose fitting, due to clearance against the engine mount etc.

Where have you placed your remote filter head? and do you have a photos of the placement and the hose routing from the pump?

I am in Germany at the moment but can try and take some pictures on my return next week...

My starter is off at the mo for a service and the induction will get in the way somewhat of a good picture.

I used Mocal push on hose and alloy fittings from Think Auto for my plumbing from the pump to the filter head and round to the Pace cover plate on the engine front where the old internal pump cover used to be.

Gary