Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Brian James Minno Shuttle

Bert320

• 4 weeks later...

I've just spoken to him and it's a Formula Race Pod, not a shuttle.

However, he's not quite ready to sell it yet.

If you would be interested in the Race Pod in the nearish future, send me your details and I'll pass it on for when he's ready to sell :)

• 1 month later...
You'll struggle to find a minno shuttle (it took me about 3 years to find mine), and I think you'll find they only ever made about 40 or 50 of them, so there are not many left in good condition. Also price, I ended up paying nearly £4k for a near mint-one, so you have to ask yourself if you have space for a regular shuttle or another brand as there are plenty about for less money if you don't specifically need the minno shuttle (I had to pay a premium as I need it to fit right through a single garage, and it was the only covered trailer for my 7 that I knew would fit) I might sell mine in a year or two when I've taken the old single garages down and build a larger one in its place, but wish you well in the mean time finding something.

There's a factory build minno shuttle "extended version" for sale on P'heads (or was a few days ago) - but at almost £5k and definitely not local to me I decided against it.

Decided over the weekend to order a Formula Racepod (the little PRG covered trailer just looks too small for me - though is a good alternative). Price helped my decision.

Dave

The trailer ad Pendennis linked to was sold at lunchtime today - appeared to be a good price with lots of interest.

BJ are supposed to be bringing out a Caterham specific covered trailer next year so I may wait and see what this is like - I would imagine expensive !

Meanwhile, I'll keep looking and see what comes up.

It looks just like mine (which is also in Kent) - I can recommend them (despite the extra cost) for some outdoor storage of a 7 too.

All I've fitted to mine is a high-level brake light and some stainless marine shell vents, to deal with winter condensation, and mould problems by promoting air-flow, and it all works a treat. I paid £4100 for mine spring 2013, I believe, I saw a tatty one in 2012 for £3250, but a tidy one is going to cost you upwards of £3.5k They do work well though, but are clearly a lot more pricey than the base Minno open trailer on which they are based (which can be picket up in excellent used order for as little as £1100 in comparison).

Key thing for many is that they fit through any single garage door. they are tight 'made to measure' fit for an S3 though (which you only really notice when you are trying to strap down the front wheels) and you're not going to get an SV in one. I will shortly find out if a Morgan3 fits in one, with a centre ramp for the rear wheel, as I fancy one of those at some point too.

It was a shame that BJ destroyed the mould when they finished production, as it was an option for a while to buy a minno and upgrade it with the GRP shell, not any more, and if they do another one it will be a completely new design - and probably well over £5k new.

Good luck.