Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Need a cat/silencer/lambda etc

Michael Downing

Here to say hello to Blatchat again after a long silence... obviously I must need something!

Which of course I do. Work on the house meant that the 7 was banished from the garage temporarily (sniff... oh, the injustice) during which time we did of course have torrential rain. The water damage killed the ECU, a coil pack, and a spark plug. Our desperate attempts to get the car running to take part in the Birkett relay the next day seem to have taken out the catalyst, lambda sensor, and silencer

The quote from Caterham for nice new shiny parts is a bit more than I have budget for at this point in the season... so:

(a) does anyone know what the part codes for the coil packs, plugs, lambda sensor & catalyst are from someone like Euro Car Parts? Or which Ford car used the same engine so that I can do a search?

(b) does anyone have a write-off in which any of the above parts are intact and want to sell me them?

Car is a 2012 Academy car, now in Roadsports trim. That means the engine is a Sigma 1.6 125hp.

Ta *thumbup*