Click here if you are having website access problems ×

SOLD High specification 1.6 k Supersport for sale

Fishy Dave

Hi all,

It's been an unbelievably hard decision to get to this point, but I am selling my Caterham. I am sure I will come back in the future, but for now I fancy an air cooled 911 whilst still just in my price range.

I would like to give members here first chance at buying, before I list it on Pistonheads next week.

Full advert including photos, details and price here (it may take a while to load!)

Cheers, David

Edited by - Fishy Dave on 28 Oct 2013 10:37:26

All the best with your sale. I;m sure you;ll be back ;) That said air-cooled 911s are lovely cars if you find a good one and there is much to learn and appreciate with them as there is in the Lotus/Caterham world.

(I originally traded my K-series 7 in 2004 for a 993 C4S, and finally came back to the fold earlier this year with a Duratec, but have access to my brother's K-series for a bit of nostalgia too and I'm amazed how good a well set up K-series car is still today).

All the best

Really sorry to see you're selling Dave - I look forward to seeing you at a trackday in the 911, and you're more than welcome to have a go in our 7 at the same time!

In my view, anyone looking to buy a road/track Caterham would be extremely hard-pressed to get a better car for the price - it's got a great spec and has been used properly and very well looked-after by a genuine enthusiast.

• 4 weeks later...

My car is now sadly sold, thank you all for your interest here and by e-mail and phone. The new owner, Danny, has just joined the club and will no doubt be posting soon and starting to have fun on trackdays. I on the other other hand picked up a slightly tatty 911 3.2 Coupe yesterday from North Yorkshire and my new adventure begins. I will stay on as South Wilts AR for now with Paul, and have no doubt I will return to Caterham ownership in the future.

*smile*

2004 sold R500 K-series

2004 bought '97 911 Carrera 4S with 46,000 miles

2013 sold 911 with 52,000 miles for what I paid for it 9 years earlier

2013 bought R500 Duratec

That said it did average out £1k/year to service run & insure the 911, despite only doing a miserly 1,000 miles / year in it. Fine cars that don't generally go wrong and hold value well. It was 3-times the weight of the R500 with the same horsepower, but surprisingly spritely (considering it mass).

I am happy to say, "been there done that", but did savour the experience (although I was afraid to leave it anywhere), and happy to be back in the Seven fold. If I wanted a sports car 'with a roof' in future it would probably be an Exige, but still enjoying the seven.

I wish Dave well and I expect he'll have a whale of a time in the mean time, and like most 7/911 owners would really like one of each in an ideal world. Good luck Dave, enjoy

M