Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Was this K Click or not?

AndrewGP

Went out yesterday afternoon for a superb blat across the Berkshire Downs, blue skies and no traffic 😬

On my return home I filled up with petrol, but after paying, the car wouldn't start, just got the single click then nothing. I tried this 5-6 times. I pushed the car out the way, phoned my wife and generally faffed about on my phone trying to get on here to have a read. Signal wasn't great so I thought I'd give it another go and she fired straight away as if nothing happened *confused*

Battery voltage is 12.48v (no load). Would it be a good idea to see what the cranking voltage is? (it is persisting it down though ☹️ ) or should I look at something else./ For info the battery is a Banner and around 3 years old.

Thanks, Andrew

Mine first manifested itself in almost identical circumstances. Given the nature of the problem diagnosis is probably through recurrence. Still not fixed mine but the car is off the road anyway.

I think the main problem is that the 'click' is not a singular cause with a unique fix

When I have time I think that I will try one of the fixes advocated by the veterans of this fine club.

Having just made the K Click Mod thanks to Revilla including the direct link from the relay, due to some mystical voltage drop in my loom, i would say its worth doing anyway as i think k- click is more when than if....

My first intermittent starting problems started a good year before my terminal ones....

Now all is good and i can start with confidence every time.

Standard other things to do

1) Service Solenoid to ensure it is moving freely

2) check main power cables for drop off or just replace

3) check for voltage drops between battery and ignition fuses, especially if you have had other toys wired into the loom....

Good luck....

David M