Click here if you are having website access problems ×

CO2 emissions

StuB

In trying to sell my car I've had an enquiry from Belgium. He has said he needs to check about importing the car and wants to know the CO2 emissions.

The car is a standard 1997 1.6k SS 6spd

Has anyone any idea?

Thanks,

Stu

As I understand the rules, no UK-registered Caterham (kit- or factory-built) will show a CO2 value on the V5C. This is because these cars are not type-approved (which is also why they have to undergo SVA/IVA testing). The emissions-related VED scales for type-approved cars operated from 1 March 2001.

JV

According to the rule book for 1997 which is the same as mine, below 0.5 at idle and 2000 rpm. Any decent garage will check it in a few minutes. My 1600 K makes around 180 and passes thanks to van Kronenburgs ecu, mapping and aref set up. When mine was standard 1600 SS it was just ok. In Belgium they are tough, no local friendly garage but a proper test station. A pain but good

Quoting CaterBram: 
Isn't the 0.5 for carbon monoxide as opposed to the CO2 ( carbon dioxide) the OP asked for.
Correct.

I don't see how an official CO2 figure will ever be obtained for the OP's car. It won't be on the SVA Certificate, it won't be known to DVLA, and it won't be on the V5. In short, it doesn't exist. I suggest the OP contacts Caterham Cars for advice.

JV

Thanks for your feedback chaps, you are right no figure noted on the V5. Am I also right in thinking that there could be a problem importing a self built car as opposed to factory built. Anyway, I've sent as much info as I can so will see.

Thanks again.

Stu