Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sigma 150 SV exhaust cut out photos

Luegonigel

Recently had exactly the same symptoms.

Check the nearside engine mount.

The triangular part that is actually bolted to the engine with three bolts.

Mine was bent & cracked just above the weld where the horizontal part is welded to the triangular end plate. This resulted in the engine leaning down at the nearside, and up on the exhaust side, thus making the tops of the exhaust touch the sideskin.

Yours might be the same.

Well done Steve, just returned from a fabulous IOM TT, highly recommended if you haven't been, passenger side engine mount completely sheared off. Top bolt missing, bottom rear bolt worked its way out a couple of threads, remaining bolt at front still tightish?

There are spacers 5mm thick on the driver's side engine mount between the block and the mount, are there on yours? There were no spacers on the passenger side.

I can never get the links to work properly so cut and paste job into browser unfortunately.

http://s295.photobucket.com/user/nigel_simpson/library/Engine%20mount?sort=3&page=1

no damage to sump except a small amount pre-my ownership.

There has been a rattling noise at 2,500 revs since I got it, sounded like a bolt behind the dashboard vibrating out, couldn't find it. Top bolt was missing from engine mount, bottom rear out a couple of threads as mentioned so it sounds like that may have been the cause then the bracket split across the weld.

Hi Nigel *wavey*

So yours sheared off below the bottom weld attaching the horizontal cross member.

Mine was the opposite, but at least all three of my bolts were still in place.

My thanks must go to Andy of PGM for fixing mine.

There are thick spacing washers on the offside, but not on the nearside.