Click here if you are having website access problems ×

I think I've cracked my poor running issues

skeetsy

• Area Representative

For the last year or so my 1.8 K Series EU3 has been running like a female dog.

It was alright when it was cold, but once it was up to temperature the revs would hunt up and down and if you didn't have your foot on the accelerator when pulling up to a junction then 95% of the time it would stall.

Having researched various threads on BC I had tried various things, like swapping out the water temperature sensor, disconnecting the lambda sensor and tried the ECU reset numerous times, but nothing seemed to make much difference.

So last weekend I decided to bite the bullet and start trying to trace the loom through to make sure I had continuity everywhere, one thread suggested that the standard loom is not all that great...

And bingo, I found that there was no connectivity between the ECU and the throttle pot on the live supply (so all my resets would have done bugger all!) and a bit more investigation found that the wire had snapped right at the point it disappeared into the plug 😔

£1.20 at the local scrappy and a few minutes with the soldering iron and she seems to be cured, but I'll find out for sure on the drive to Beaulieu tomorrow *cool*

All the best

Richard