Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Headlamp glass replacement

2slo

Just about to take my 7 out for an hour today when I noticed the o/s headlamp glass is shattered. Bugger! Question (and I'm not technically minded) can the glass be replaced independent of the entire headlamp or does the whole assembly need to be replaced?

Whilst looking at this I noticed that the n/s reflector is quite badly rusted on the lower part of the bowl. Impressive on a car less than 2 years old with only 2k miles on it! Same question for this if anyone knows please, can the reflector be replaced or is it another entire new headlamp unit? The car is a 2011 R400 with the newer style black headlamps. Thanks.

Quoting Whoosh: 
Not sure what you are after but George Polly is worth a call. Very reasonably priced and a speedy delivery *smile*

Thanks. I'll need some tyres soon. George Polley are on my list to try and I've another option to try as well. I'll put some info up when I start enquiries.

Got nowhere with the local motor factors for the headlamp lens so ordered from Caterham. That plus bulb and postage approx £35 so not too bad. The parts guy reckons my corroded reflector means a new headlamp unit. Hmm? Not happy about that on a car under 2 years old so I'll be taking that up with Caterham Midlands when they service it next month.

Asked about tyres whilst I was on and apparently 13'' CR500s are back in stock.