Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Curborough Test Day on Tuesday 23rd April - Late Deal

PaulCo

So although the car didn't make it, the trip to Curborough was still worthwhile. Thanks to Simon and Mark for advice on the cause and cure of the oil leak (nice car, Simon!)

And special thanks to Graham and Rob for generously letting me drive their cars - a privelige, given that they are fellow Class 2 competitors.

Did I learn anything? Yes - that discovering the impressive torque of Graham's 1800 while mid-bend will put you on the grass (sorry Graham), that it probably is worth spending a bit on better shocks, and that Rob's seat only fits Rob.

Enjoyable day - better get on with sorting the leak, now.

Paul

I would also like to thank Alan Bowler, Rob Spencer, Roger Cumming and Graham Howard for letting me drive their class 2 cars on Tuesday. Unlike Paul and Alan I managed to keep all their cars on the tarmac. I was very impressed with the set up of all their cars however, Rob Spencer's stood out. His Superlight is fitted with Nitron's by Meteor, which were almost as good but half the price as the two way Ohlins I have on my R500 *thumbup*. Rob sorry but no excuses for not winning the class at Curborough in May *wavey* 😬

Oi. I kept other peoples cars on the tarmac.

Rob - sorry about the large flat spots on the tyres. Your brakes are really very good!

Graham - thanks for organising the sunshine and sorry about the minor track deviation. The massive torque kick from your engine caught me by surprise, as well as Paul. If I'm running an "R300", I think we need some "R350" stickers prepared...

AB

Glad you all enjoyed the day. Thanks to Alan and Rob for letting me drive their cars. I agree that Rob`s felt particularly well balanced but the difference in low down torque coming out of the corners was noticeable.

Alan I think you kept my car on the tarmac, but was it pointing in the right direction?

Paul it was good to see you and I hope you get your engine sorted for Llandow.

Graham

Well done Graham for organising a beautiful day. I got sun tan on my bald patch!! Sorry had to leave slightly early so probably missed out on the seat swops but thanks to Mark for doing back to backs...interesting...Rob to win in May then...More pressure 😬 😬 😬

RogerC7

• Support Team

Well I had a thouroughly enjoyable day. A big thank you to Graham for organising it, and the weather was just, well, unexpected *smile*

And it was very intersting to experience just what well sorted machines you guys (Graham, Alan and Jon) are driving. They were all different but still all very good.

Thank you all for your glowing praise of my cars handling which took two years of toil to get the suspension set up working, but it won't work *nono* *nono* *nono* You can blow smoke up my a*** *smokin* all you like, I still need more power. The three cars I drove all had significantly more grunt than mine (not to mention more talent behind their steering wheels) and that is the excuse I will be using over the coming weeks and months.

I hope the car's working for Llandow Paul. See you all there *wavey*