Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Duratec airbox

Shaun_E

• Support Team

Is this airbox the one to have and does it fit a Pipercross backplate?

Is there any decent alternative?

Hoping not to need one but if I do would like to get the one that is least restrictive.

I understand that the R500 one is not great - is this true?

Thanks,

Shaun

• Support Team

Thanks Ian - I've got 90 mm trumpets but if I need to use an airbox then I'll have to get some shorter ones.

Getting closer to completion now but have to swap my injectors for the short ones like you have otherwise the fuel rail fouls the backplate and it all starts getting messy *cry*. Off to Think Auto tomorrow morning to get all the hoses sorted and then on to Good Fabs in the afternoon to have the exhaust fitted properly. That just leaves the wiring to be sorted. I might make the start of the season after all. *smile*

Shaun_E,

I used this airbox on my Duratec 2.3. However, if you fit the Pipercross "sausage" air filter before attaching this airbox, it appears that the Pipercross fills up so much of the interior space in the airbox, and so tightly, that there is little room for air to enter the Pipercross filter.

So I fitted individual Pipercross filter "socks" on the trumpets, and then installed the airbox. Seems to work fine.

Pendennis,

Couldn't be any more counterproductive than the very limited flow area of a Pipercross filter sausage fitted inside the CC airbox.

Are you saying that the individual Pipercross filter socks are not suitable for the purpose for which they were apparently designed?

If you are, then what is their purpose?

Shaun is having a competition engine built by Raceline, the last thing he needs is to strangle it 😬

Socks purpose is filter air, but they are not a performance product because their surface area is too small. They are suitable for low performance engines.

Edited by - Pendennis on 1 Mar 2013 08:33:23