Click here if you are having website access problems ×

6 speed clutch fulcrum

Wrightpayne

Remembered from my build in 1998 a picture of two different fulcrum pins. Just checking now and there seems to be a 3mm one for the 5 speed and 9mm for the 6 speed.

Cannot find much in the archives considering the amount of 6 speed swaps. Cannot find on the Caterham online stores.

Fitting a 6 speed soon - what does the POBC say?

Ian

I understand from this that the K series fulcrum pin is removeable (ie not cast in). It would be interesting to know if anyone has managed to remove a fulcrum pin from a VX bell housing ...

(hope this doesn't derail your topic *rolleyes*)

Interested in your experience Elie. Did you just try to pull it out ? I considered drilling it out but would really need a scrap CC bellhousing to experiment on. It would be a convenient way of adjusting the clutch release arm position ...

Just spoken to Darren on parts and he found the listing, however, they are no longer stocked (hence cannot find on on-line stores). He did suggest they could get one made but I didnt like the sound (££) of that.

Does beg the question what they used on K series classics with 6s boxes.

Opions now are leave as 3mm, pack it out slightly or get one made. Think I'll try packing it.

Ian