Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Emerald map wanted

Fishy Dave

Hello,

I have my engine back from DVA now, it's in the car and running. *cool* I would like to take a look at someones Emerald map to compare cold starting settings as once again it just keeps turning over for ages and ages with just the occasional cough. If I use jump leads from the tintop it will fire into life after 30 seconds to a minute and once warm restarts ok.

My spec is 1600 Supersport with solid lifters, single 56mm plenum, 4-2-1 Powerspeed exhaust, ported head so a map from something similar would be great.

The Supersport map supplied by Emerald also won't start the car. My e-mail address is david@racelife.co.uk if anyone is able to help. *smile*

Thanks, Dave

Just reposting some trinkets that I learnt from Dave Walker this time last year when he tweaked the map for my old engine about upping the initial injection priming numbers to blast some fuel in on cranking to help with start up. Both my engines start up on a very short swing with a jab of the throttle at the same time. Maybe it'll help yours too?

"Dave Walker told me of a trick he learnt from the factory Rover ECUs (I think) about firing in a load of fuel when cranking to help startup. My old engine always fired up very well, even with no specific cold-start settings.

When I first got the car, the values for "Initial Inj prime" were:

12, 12, 12, 12, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8"

Here's a grab of the numbers:

http://images52.fotki.com/v738/photos/8/42688/7812053/photo-vi.jpg