Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Brands Hatch Lap Time

BSA

Any thoughts on a Indy Lap Time for the following car

R500 Aero Screen Chassis 1.9 K 250bhp - 178bls ft

Elite 6 speed sequential Box

Nitrons - Avon Slicks - Titain 3.6 Diff

sub 500 Kg Weight

With a talented / semi professional Driver would a sub 50 second Lap be possible in this Vehicle

with or without a tow ?

Yes, possible, but would be close.

Lead (top 1 or 2) silhouette cars in the Intermarque series regularly get into the 49s, with similar power, 5 speed manual, albeit with wider slicks (9") and a rear wing, but are in the 750kg weight range.

John

Alex - I think that's wrong for an Academy car. Low 56s is about right. The lap record in Supersport is only about 53.4 and that's more power, more aero and more grip.

I just checked this year's races, and the fastest Academy lap was Gazda in 56.08.

All lap records at Brands will be relatively recent as the speeds went up with the new surface.

As to whether you can get under 50s in an R500 with a sequential box and slicks. Yeah - easy! 😬

Jez

Think the BTCC's seem to have found some more pace in recent years Jez *smokin*

A top spec Caterham may be on a par with the BTCC's though, but a sub 50 sec lap in a R500 does take some doing, trust me 😶‍🌫️

I have seen a 300bhp 7 dip into the 48's, suspect it is also possible with a very well sorted 270bhp S3 *thumbup* High powered CSR's will ultimately be a bit quicker *wink*

Ian

Spy adn CC have had the R600 round the Indy circuit quite a bit, although on 300 suspension they may be able to help further.

Hardest thing in getting a sub 50 time will be getting a clear run. Wouldn't bother though unless you really have no choice - it is a crap layout. I am pretty sure Graham Hill is getting quite a makeover this winter making all historic lap times redundean anyway.

Save you money and get ont he GP instead - Awesome.

It was me that did the 50.2 at Brands to win the Mag 7 this year *smokin*. My sons have both done sub 50's in my car and yes that was on medium V70's. Soft or super soft would have dropped the times again.

Mark Bishop and Ian Conibear have both done high 49's around Brands on Slicks in the SEMSEC series in S3's.

New NGTC cars are awesome on the brakes and run slicks but only run about 300bhp so not so quick on the gas.

Track temp and compound of the tyre will be the key.

Long story short. Yes. It can be done.

Quoting Gnasher2: 
It was me that did the 50.2 at Brands to win the Mag 7 this year *smokin*. My sons have both done sub 50's in my car and yes that was on medium V70's. Soft or super soft would have dropped the times again.

Mark Bishop and Ian Conibear have both done high 49's around Brands on Slicks in the SEMSEC series in S3's.

New NGTC cars are awesome on the brakes and run slicks but only run about 300bhp so not so quick on the gas.

Track temp and compound of the tyre will be the key.

Long story short. Yes. It can be done.

Whalley claimed he was towing you ;)

You tempted to join us in 600's this year - Zandvort round promises to be very messy.....