Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Ford Zetec 2.0L

Craig

Hi Guys,

Trying to figure out a problem that I have with my 1995 2.0 Ford Zetec motor. The problem I am having is that the engine is puffing out blue smoke now and mainly on right hand turns.

The basic engine is a 1995 Ford 2.0 Zetec

Ford Motorsport head

Competition cams

11.5 compression pistons

It does have good compression.

Looking for suggestions

Thanks,

Craig

I have no knowledge of Zetec motors, and more expert advice will surely follow later, but that used to happen on the VX (GM) engine originally fitted in my car.

I'm going to asssume your motor is wet sumped? (engine oil lives in the oil pan)

When cornering hard sevens generate a lot more lateral G than than the cars the engine was designed for, and the oil in the pan slops around, gets whipped up by the crank, and some gets up past the pistons, and burns producing the puffs of blue smoke.

You could try running with a slightly lower oil level, but the the only real cure is a dry sump system.

There may be other solutions, or even causes on this particular engine type of which i am not aware.

The engine is dry sumped and has Jenvey throttle bodies (Weber type). PCV and valve are are vented to a breather filter that also has the the dry sump tank also vented through it.

Thanks.

Craig