Click here if you are having website access problems ×

RBTB balancing

johnv

There is a balance adjustment screw on the linkage which allows one TB to be adjusted against the other. It has a 6mm locknut and is a very small socket headed grub screw. These are quite fragile and a little difficult to get at, I wold give it a squirt with WD40 the day before working on the linkage.

Oily

http://www.blatchat.com/T.asp?id=56472

Here is the blat chat page with the relevant info that I used. Mine are 'sorted'. I used the vacuum thingy youve got coming and a multimeter thingy on the throttle sensor. Its easy but the throttle pot is a bit fiddly ... best with nose cone off. Shout me if you need more info or a chat about it. Its fun to do and not difficult. I can always be on hand near a phone if u want a bit of back up when you do it. I forgot to see where you are from ... if you were close enough I would come and give you a hand *wavey*

Fil

thanks Fil , it does look a bit daunting. I'll have another look when the thing arrives, but I may be better to wait until I'm down your way to get some support! I wouldn't have thought the TPS voltage/setting would be wrong, but it's not idling as well as it did a few thousand miles ago when it was mapped

One thing worth doing to have a fun and worry free go at it is .....

1. Bonnet and nose cone off..

2.with the multi meter/tester take the resistance reading of the TPS as it is for reference.

3.With the car warmed up and ticking over take off the air filter and using the flow meter thingy measure the air drawn through each intake orifice. Do this a couple of times to ensure you have a snug seal and the best readings.

4. make a note of all these measures so that you can put it all back as it was if you dont like your new settings.

I have set mine myself after they had been adjusted by two different garages. Each set them differently to the Caterham settings and differently to each other! You will have the same fun those crossflow chaps have when balancing their Webber carbs. Except your adjustments will be more stable. You will have a Fred Dibnah grin after you have done it.

• 2 weeks later...

Quoting John Vine: 
Thanks, Mankee *thumbup*. Do you happen to know what the diameter range is? Also, do you know what the trumpet internal diameter of the CC RBs is? (The car in question is a long way away at the moment.)

JV

Hi John - Just measured mine and the internal dia of my trumpets are 55mm ( I now await all the obvious responses to that one 😬)

Quoting Molecular--Bob: 
Don't think the place of manufacture will matter as you want a relative value between inlets, rather than an absolute, so a bit of error will be fine so long as you get reproducible values for the same cylinder.
That makes sense. I've just heard back from the seller, who states "Made in Germany".

JV