Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wiring woes, am I missing the obvious?

weeman

I have side light fuse issue, in that it blows the instant I replace it and turn on the side lights.

It's a CSR with integral dash, so the switch is part of the stalk.

The N/S and O/S have their own fuses though the O/S is 7.5A while the N/S is 5A *confused* and it's the N/S fuse that keeps blowing.

I've isolated the N/S/F and N/S/R lights (assuming one of them was faulty) but still the fuse blows.

I assume the switch is okay, otherwise the O/S fuse would blow as well?

I suspect a wiring fault (the wiring and plumbing on my car isn't the prettiest) so I've started to trace the loom back from the front light and forward from the rear light. I've found no obvious visual faults but am unable to access the wiring in the xmn tunnel or above the gear box.

I shall remove the scuttle to continue the search but something tells me that the problem lies in the wiring in the part of the loom that lies above the g'box.

Before I start to seriously dismantle the car in order to check the wiring, am I missing something obvious? All help will be gratefully received, even if it's bad news *eek*

Be lucky!!

Martin

Well Mr Hendersen *wavey*

not for the first time in my life you've totally made my day and transformed my mood.

Thank you, thank you, and thank you again.

say hi to Jan.

Be lucky!!

Martin

ETA. how much of a plank do I feel *redface*

Edited by - weeman on 24 Sep 2012 17:30:24