Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Vortex Exhaust

Mowerman

Never heard of them. Their website has demo of how it works. To my untrained eye it looks as though the Vortex internals consist of a straight pipe leaking into a box whereas other manufacturers are wiggly pipes leaking into a box. Question is then what does a Caterham exhaust look like inside? My guess is it's pretty much straight.

The claimed gains seem a bit high unless there is a massive trade off in noise. I can't find any claims for noise which is a bit odd for an exhaust system.

• 3 years later...

Holy thread resurrection...

After watching *a recent repeat of* Wheeler Dealers with the Cobra, and Ed fitting a Vortex Exhaust, I am also wondering whether anyone had any experience with them, on any car at all but particularly a Caterham?

Googling for reviews I can find a small number of people on various car forums who say they've had them fitted and "can't believe" the improvements in response, performance and economy, and a much larger number of people who *haven't* had them fitted and can't believe the claimed improvements in response, performance and economy.

Certainly, massive improvements just from fitting an exhaust with some funny shapes in a box seems improbable, especially on a car like a Caterham with a fairly limited amount of silencing to start with, but what would I know?

I'd be very interested to hear from anyone who'd actually got hard data having fitted such a system, as opposed to people who can look at the claims and doubt them - I can do that bit myself!

http://www.vortexexhausttechnology.com

... I can find a small number of people on various car forums who say they've had them fitted and "can't believe" the improvements in response, performance and economy, and a much larger number of people who *haven't* had them fitted and can't believe the claimed improvements in response, performance and economy.

Excellent. Made my day.

Jonathan