Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Current Model Supersport - Shift light

pugwash

My current model Supersport (sigma) comes as standard with a shift light between the tach and the speedo. Unfortunately the rim of the steering wheel comes exactly in line between my eye and the light so when it comes on I cannot see it.

CC say I am the first person to mention this. It also obscures the LHS indicator repeater light too and the top halfs of both the speedo and the tach, but who ever looks at those!

Any other Supersport owners have the same problem? I have lowered floors and am 5 ft 11. My proposed solution is to drill another hole in the dash an inch lower and move the light but I am open to suggestions.

Regards

Mark

I'm 5'10" and have had my Roadsport 125 converted to 140. With lowered floors and leather seats the shift light is just visible below the rim of the steering wheel. The top of the Speedo and Tacho are obscured as is the left indicator tell tale.

If I was an inch taller I guess the sift light would be obscured.

This is with the small (260mm) standard Momo steering wheel. I do have a slightly larger (280mm) Momo wheel which improves the view of the instruments considerably, however I prefer the smaller wheel. I can live without a clear view of the instruments as when giving it the "beans" I'm not often looking at them.The flash of the shift light is visible though.

I suppose the options are

1. Move light up / down.

2. Bigger wheel.

3. Change to lower seats though I assume you have Tillets if it's a Supersport.

4. Remove seat runners and fix seat directly to floor.

5. Change driving position / crouch down a bit.

6. Get Osteoporosis and shrink an inch *smile* *smile*

*arrowup* Yes, had mine on for a good while and they just do what they say on the tin. Very neat solution. I also have a few left over from a bulk buy that I haven't gotten around to promoting. Was going to put on ebay - so if anyone wants one - please blatmail me. When they are gone they are gone.

Cheers,

Martin