Click here if you are having website access problems ×

R500 K

Harolddude

• 4 months later...

Hello again,a back to the top for the new year. I have a budget of approx 25 K

Thank you .

Andy.

E.T.A.

Still looking for a car with full screen and not to much track use . I have just sold my current car after 15 years of ownership. Cheers. Andy.

Edited by - Harolddude on 4 May 2013 08:48:52

• 4 months later...
Quoting Harolddude: 
Hi Nick, looked at it last summer. Thought it was a lot of money for a well used example. Thanks any way. Andy
And it's still for sale............. Well-used example? 14300 recorded miles in 13 years?

That's my old car - its R500 #14 - still has the orange R500 decals I had made for the seats. Its a fine car - I sold it with 6000 miles on it and I see it now has more like 16000 miles on it. It does seem to have spent most of its life up for sale between Caterham Midlands and South, but its the real deal if you want and R500K it was a nice car.

regard

Matthew

(Superlight (K) #91 & R500(D) #46 currently)

Its spent most of its life up for sale! I concluded it was a bit fated - as I'm the superstitious type and being R500 #14 - its actually the #13th R500 built - as there is a chance the skipped the number.

It was immaculate back in 2004 when I traded it with Paul Stephens for Superlight #74 & and Elise S1 - but that is 9 years and 10,000 miles ago, and it could have seen a lot of trach action since then I guess.

My R500 K may be for sale shortly (a non-Caterham, bucket list classic car beckons). It is a June 2000 car, no. 34, yellow and has done 9,000 miles. It has done its share of trackdays and some hillclimbs over the years but it also did for example 1900 miles in a week round the Alps in 2011, so has been mainly a road car. When I bought it I had an engine rebuild done by DVA at approx 4000 miles with mid range power in mind and also a gearbox rebuild. Its in good condition for the year, but as an earlier poster said, it is 13 years old. One previous owner. Full weather equipment. Full maintenance history. Excellent spec.

If you're interested I can email the full spec with some photos.

Ian