Click here if you are having website access problems ×

6pt harness bolt size?

SLR No.77

• Leadership Team

Anyone happen to know what bolts are needed to fit the crotch straps of a 6 point harness? Are they 7/16ths UNF same as the shoulder straps?

I have lowered floors and I know the length needs to be 70mm (2 3/4") but don't know the thread spec. Any particular bolt strength needed?

Stu.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Stu,

I have sent you mail as your description on how to fix my 6-point harness was the most helpful. However, I have some similar questions to yours, e.g what bolt size to use and where to get the correct sized spacers.

If you find some solutions on your journey please do forward on the information.

Paul.

• Leadership Team

Hi Paul, received you mail *thumbup* I also found the tab to be too small and had to run a drill through it - I needed to drill the floor also therefore wasn't really a problem. As mentioned the bolts needed are 7/16"UNF, but you'll need the short ones. As far as I'm aware the bolts and spacers are supplied with the harnesses - I have the race harnesses and as can be seen from the image there's a selection of bolts included, except that I'm missing the long ones for my passenger side to use with a lowered floor.

I have a pair of standard length bolts with spacers that I'll not be using - mail me your address and I'll pop them in the post. I think I only have the bits for one side though.

Stu.