Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wtd: Garage in Sheffield (parking, not maintenance)

AntonyH

Hi all,

I'm looking to rent / beg / borrow either a garage, or half a double garage, in Sheffield, for the secure parking of our first Caterham (collection in a fortnight... so excited!).

Exact location not critical, ideally near Hillsborough area but anywhere within a 10 minute walk of a tram or well-serviced bus stop would also be fine.

Must be secure, dry, not about to fall down, and not shared with tins of paint or heavy items stored on high rickety shelves.

Really hoping someone can help, currently we have promised use of a friend's garage but only short term.

If you can help or suggest places to look (have already trawled several estate agents, commercial lettings, etc!), please let me know.

Many thanks in anticipation

Possibly not ideal area wise, but i was about to give notice on one in Nether Edge. It is dry, secure but has no power or water. I pay (i think)£130 a quarter for it. It is part of a set of 16 under some flats and in the 2 years i have had it none of them have had any signs of forced entry. This should get you a map location here.

Ideal size for Caterham work, i rebuilt mine in it. And as a bonus it has an engine crane and stand in it which you would be free to use if required (saves me moving them).

Hi Antony

I will need to know by the end of the month as it's on 1 month notice to quit, probably need to keep it in my name as the landlord has been upping rents as the units fall empty. Still wouldn't be outrageous if you wanted it in your name, but would be more than i am paying. If you want to have a quick look just let me know.

Ian B

Can't help you on the garage front, but just to suggest that you come along to the local meeting. Last Thursday of every month, so next Thursday this month, at the Ladybower Inn from 7ish. There's a thread that usually gets resurrected just before with the details.

Thanks - yes, those Thursday evenings are etched into the calendar!!

:)

Can't make this week (going to a maternity-leaving "do") (and, er, we don't have the car yet either... :( ) but we'll no doubt see you later in the summer.