Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fuel pipe split

AdC

Got a split in the fuel line of my Fireblade (the long one from the pump that does a 180 and disappears up the centre tunnel). Question is this - Is it a standard pipe that any motor factor sells and all that's required is for me to cut it to length and fix it in place of the buggered one, or is there more to it, like a special Caterham only diameter, or one which needs to be bought pre-cut and with special one-use-only fixings? I'm chasing James Whiting for the same info but any advice in the meantime is appreciated. Thanks

btw - thanks to the chap at Dunsfold who lent me their posh trolley jack and also to 'Steve' (iirc - his Seven's the one lined in exquisite green carpet) for the useful assistance. For me, the day lasted exactly one un-timed 0-60 run - have to laugh though - went away thinking "£60? I do that away from the lights most days for free".

sorry Eugene - it's a rubber pipe, looks to be about 10mm dia. Maybe it joins to a copper pipe some way up the tunnel - going back to see it on Wed with my axle stands so will know then.

It is indeed 8mm (thanks Stationary M25 Traveller). Turned out to be pretty straightforward - removed boot floor and the section of the tunnel around the gear lever giving enough access, but it's a bit of a lash up with cable ties at the mo' as the original clips are rivetted. Thanks all.