Click here if you are having website access problems ×

BS airbox with 110 mm trumpets

tonino

hello guys

to get the best out of my engine, i went for 110 mm trumpets. i wonder if the BS airbox will still be efficient with longer trumpets. airbox depth is arond 150mm so it will fit no probleme.

during mapping, we haven't used bs airbox (no airfilter and nosecone/bonnet off). should i expect changes /power loss if i put the BS airbox on? do itg or pipercross ai filters are proven to give more airflow?

car should not be used anymore on track so noise level is not a -big- issue

thanks for your advises

antonio

• Support Team

It would have been better to map it with the chosen filtering system in place as even a foam airfilter can alter the airflow.

I am using the latest BS airbox with 90mm trumpets with good results but you won't know with 110mm until you try it. If you want to use a pipercross or ITG filter you might have difficulty fitting one if you are using Jenvey throttle bodies.

@ myles:

exactly, the late BS airbox seems to be bigger than yours and nealy fouls the bonnet.

trumpets will be 4 cm away from airbox, so i guess it would be ok but i really wonder if engine will breath enought (amazing to see how much differences you geet when playing with trumpets)

@shaun:

on RR you can't get the ramair effect you have when driving.emerald staff did but a big fan in front of radiator but very few air went on air box + it was pretty hot .

D walker told me the BS would be alittle bit restrictrive with car being static, hence why we took it off.

why is it difficult to use foam filters on jenveys?

cheers

• Support Team

why is it difficult to use foam filters on jenveys?

The backplate fouls the engine bay diagonal chassis rail.

I bought a 50mm deep fibreglass backplate from Jenvey in the hope that would clear it but it still fouls. I am hoping that with some fettling I can get it to fit at some point.

I have seen people use throtle body extensions and short trumpets - that might be the route to go. I have also seen a backplate fitted to the trumpets using rubber grommets.

N.B my engine was mapped with the BS airbox and filter in place and it runs brilliantly (234bhp).

Edited by - Shaun_E on 10 May 2012 14:32:49

I had similar issues trying to form a satisfactory filtration setup for my DTH Jenveys instead of individual restrictive socks. The flat and stepped Jenvey/Pipercross back plates wouldn't clear as they either hit the chassis rail or the Jenvey fuel rail. I got a fabricator friend to make me a nice deep back plate so that I could fit long trumpets and a big filter if I wanted. I had to cut a hole in the bonnet though, but I function over form and all that.

merci

are ITG backplate bigger than BS backplate?

to re-use my BS airbox, i have to relocate my header tank and find the old square version... maybe that's the way to go.BM me if you have one available.

mankee, can you send me a picture of you instalation please?

antonio222@voila.fr

merci