Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Used Carbon Rear Wings - Cheaper than anything from Germany!

EFA

I have a set of 3 carbon rear wings for sale - all used.

Two left hand rears sporting accident damage - one has a small crack to the right of the rear lamp (caused when another Seven failed to outbrake me from behind!) the other has a crack on the outer edge above the centreline of the wheel, caused by a combination of fat passenger, soft springs, wide tyres and a huge pothole!

The right hand wing is good except for a small hole caused by a rock off the front tyres, Hole is approx 5mm dia and is right at the lower front corner where the wing protector would normally sit. Its not obvious!

Seeing as many people have told me its quite possible to invisibly repair carbon they must be worth around £500, but as I'm a nice guy I am looking for around £75 each, buyer takes all 3.

They will be available around the end of December.

Fat Arn

Visit the K2 RUM website

See the Lotus Seven Club 4 Counties Area Website here

Dave,

I have identified your problem.

Whilst most of us tend to look in the direction in which we are travelling when cornering, you are obviously looking at your rear tyres to see if they are exiting the wheel arches when cornering.

Forgive my intrusion into your state of metal health, but should you ever get a "Charles" moment and progress to wondering if placing your hand betwwen rear tyre and road when moving would hurt - please don't try it.

Fat Arn

Visit the K2 RUM website

See the Lotus Seven Club 4 Counties Area Website here

...oh ok then - I simply moved the axle bars inside the chassis which gave an extra 1.5 inches clearance.

All things considered it seemed like the best route rather than buying wider arches with the associated poorer aerodynamics and having to change the wheels to get it on/off the Minno.

Does this really sound like someone who needs psychiatric help.....

Home of BDR700

Arnie does this mean that you have enough people for the run of new raer wings? Can you tell me if this is still going ahead, or has it died through lack of funds/people? Also what time frame are we talking here now, as ido not want to be waiting forever! Any info will be greatfully recieved.

Thanks Peter.

C7 PWT X-Flow all Steel

Arnie does this mean that you have enough people for the run of new rear wings? Can you tell me if this is still going ahead, or has it died through lack of funds/people? Also what time frame are we talking here now, as ido not want to be waiting forever! Any info will be greatfully recieved.

Thanks Peter. *thumbup*

C7 PWT X-Flow all Steel