Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Caterham Damper Extenders?

c7ollie

Can anybody tell me where I can get some damper extenders for an SV?

I have swapped my 16" wheels for 13" and raised/adjusted the dampers but have been told it's quite common to add damper extenders to raise another inch and get the travel in my springs back.

It is definately worth a try to avoid losing my sump on the road and as pretty as the 16" are, they are not a patch on 13" with CR500'S.

Does anybody know where I can get them?

Cheers!

• Area Representative

If it's an SV with standard Bilstein dampers, then it's likely to already have those extensions.

Do your dampers have adjustable spring platforms like these here?

If you do have adjustable spring platforms, then you may need to adjust then to recover your lost ride height.

If you don't have adjustable platforms, then they are available here. Alternatively, you may be able to find a set by placing wanted ad, for either a set of platforms or a complete set of springs and dampers including adjustable platforms.

It's also possible to have more slots machined into the dampers to locate the existing platforms to raise the ride height, but you'd need to know exactly where you wanted them to start with.

Yes they are adjustable but don't already have the extenders. I'm going to get them from CC then give the car to somebody who knows what they are doing.

Bearing in mind all this effort is to go from 16" to 13" without dry sumping for both track and road, I'm not going to compromise handling on track am I? Its just that the 16" are errrrr whats the word? rubbish on track especially in anything slightly wetter than bone dry conditions and even then they drift too easily.