Click here if you are having website access problems ×

4 Pole, 3.5mm leads - where from?

Edzup Ezzer

I'm trying to find, with very little success, a 4 pole 3.5mm x 600mm lead to connect my iPhone to my Autocom set-up. I can find longer and shorter 4 pole 3.5mm leads, but none around 600mm long. (Normal 3.5mm leads are usually of the 3 pole variety - ie stereo leads) A search of Blatchat produced nothing.

Does anyone know of a source of such a lead, or someone with the wherewithal and means to make such a lead up for me? (The longer ones are way too long leading to a very untidy/messy installation) Google searches etc have not been very fruitful, save for a 90 deg connector on ebay which requires soldering skills way beyond my ken.

Ezzer Ezzer

Be carefull with the ones on eBay, I wanted a 4way plug and a bit of lead to connect a hands free kit to a phone so thought a 4-way to 4-way 3.5mm jack would be just the ticket but found that only three of the connections were made

I ended up using a 4-way 3.5 to USB so I knew all 4 wires would be there and then hacked off the USB bit!

Ivan

Roger, thanks for your input. I've ordered one at 770mm. I mean, what is c6" between friends?! Whatever, it's got to be better than the alternative I was looking at i.e. a cut and shut job with one of those 90deg elbow connectors off ebay. *thumbup*

Eccles, I've noted your advice re number of connections.

Cheers