Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Work on a Caterham in the West Midlands

keybaud

I emailed Northampton motorsport about some work I'd like done on my Caterham, as they worked on the car when the previous owner had it and know its quirks. This isn't a complaint about the business, as I realise that they are often very busy, but I am looking at what other options I have to get the work done by the 11th May.

I found Neil Garner's details on the members discount, whilst looking for the Halford's voucher details, and they are half the distance from me. There is also Millwood's, who are slightly closer still. Are there any other companies in the West Midlands that I should consider?

The work is as follows:

1. Fix cylinder head or head gasket (won't know problem until head is removed).

2. Upgrade C20XE from Weber 48s to fuel injection.

3. Fit a fuel cap (emptying the boot to fill up is a pain) and possibly replace 18 year old bag tank and a new fuel injection tank for 2.

Chewie,

I know you think I ought to do the work myself, but I don't have the time (yes, it's a lousy excuse).

Edited by - keybaud on 13 Apr 2012 18:55:47

Edited by - keybaud on 13 Apr 2012 19:48:25

Typical, I got an email from Troy at Northampton Motorsport whilst I was writing the above post. Troy is still my preferred option, but I'd still like to know anyone more local that I could use for simpler problems in the future.

Nigel Keats at Cougar Engineering gets (with one noteable exception) good reviews from those people on here who have used him. Have a search in the Tech Talk archive.

I haven't used him yet, but it is on my "to do" list to get him to check over my suspension setup.

Cougar Engineering

The Hamlet

Church Rd

Bradley Green

Redditch

Worcestershire

B96 6RN

01527 821675

He certainly works on K series and Xflows - don't know about boat anchors *tongue*