Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Standard complete 1.8 K-series bottom end

Mankee

I might be needing one of the above as my flywheel bolts aren't shifting for love nor money and I've not got the time or money to be building up a(nother) new bottom end before the end of the month. Would ideally like one with block ground already for Caterham fitment, complete with crank, rods, pistons, no sunk liners etc., ready for me to slap a head on it and chuck everything back on from my old engine. Which I feel like throwing off the edge of a cliff at the moment. *cry*

Hi Paul. Done all the above. Normally, my impact gun will zip flywheel bolts undone with ease. But these ones, fitted during an engine swap by the previous owner, have had a 6-sided 13mm socket, 6-sided 1/2" socket, breaker bar, little bit of a heat, little bit of hammering, several methods of holding the flywheel still and a LOT of swearing and I've only got one of them off. Something definitely isn't right. Must have been done up by the Incredible Hulk...

you will have to heat the bolts as hot as you can, 2 heat guns to burn the loctite out which i think may be their,if this does not work you can drill them out, where abouts are you, iwill do them if you are in the north, this will take about 20mins each bolt *smokin*

Thanks for the offer, but I'm in Suffolk unfortunately. Will there be any danger in heating the heck out of the bolts? I guess I'll need to change the crank seal in case it gets damaged. I've got a few other things to try before throwing in the towel and not wasting more time on them.