Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Compomotive CXR wheels for R400

pandjack

Hi

I have an opportunity to acquire a set of used CXR-2 wheels (13x6” 1360 front & 13x8” 1380 rear) for my 2004 K series R400.

Does anyone know whether these will fit straight-on without spacers etc (clearances for 4-pot calipers front & Di-Dion ears rear) please?

Many thanks in anticipation

It depends on the offset of the wheels.

If they were already fited to a S3 chassis and that yours is a S3 chassis then it will be fine.

Clearance for Front AP brakes will be fine too.

Clearance for De Dion ears shouldn't be an issue but (like with almost any other wheels), may eventually need your ears to be slightly adpated (don't know the word in English...).

Even rear big brakes are OK with those wheels.

I actually picked up a set from Catastrada for my R400 (09 Duratec) and didn't have any issues - sorry but I don't remember the offsets from the top of my head.

Just one thing though, when your tyre fitter balances the rear wheels, ensure they mount the weights towards the face of the wheel, I'd say at least 2.5 inches outboard from the inner edge or just as close to the back of the spokes as they can. If the weights are set too close too the inner edge the weights can foul against the de dion ears.

No issues with the front brakes no issues.

As far as tyres go I ran 175 fronts and 200 rears which had no problems with clearance against wing stays etc either.

Yes, it's an S3 - so on the basis of your experience should be OK *smile*

I was aware of possibility of the balance weights fouling on the De-Dion ears as a colleague & fellow hillclimber had to take his back to have them re-positioned! *redface*

Many thanks