Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Innovate, Dynojet or TechEdge with Emerald?

Grim Reaper

Just about to start spring upgrade, which involves getting a cat fitted to my (K series) Powerspeed 4-2-1 to avoid the problems with emissions at MoT time.

As part of the changes I am looking at replacing my Emerald M3D (sadly it appears it's not upgradeable) with the latest K6 version and connecting a wideband Lambda arrangement to help to iron out any fuelling issues that may stop it passing the test.

I have seen a few comments that the Innovate LC-1 has had varied results, and some that the TechEdge is recommended by Emerald, but none so far on the Dynojet. Does anyone on here have any comments on either item?

Will I be able to transfer my current .fig map from the M3D to the K6?

Will it do what I want it to do in the short term (ie get it through the MoT test without blowing my engine up) until I can get back down to Watton for another rolling road session?

As well as getting the Cat fitted to my current silencer, I want to get another set of 4-2-1 section made up to fit a Raceco titanium silencer for those days when it's not due for an MoT, anyone have this arrangement or is there not enough space to fit it all down the side?

Why upgrade? If your only objective is MoT passing and the engine is well mapped under high load speed conditions you just need to have a narrow band sensor fitted and enabled to operate at light throttle settings.

If you do upgrade the .fig can be loaded into the newer software. I used Innovate kit with my K3.