Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Slight mishap with a tree

Simon Ephithite

It's either James or Chris. Good luck and hope all goes well.

I had a mishap earlier in the year - Chris at 7 workshop dealt with it. Great guy - he did everything, which includes driving around southern England to Arch and TSK.

My damage didn't look that bad. I knocked the front wheel off, damaged the suspension and twisted only one chassis member, slightly bent the steering rack table (only picked up when it was at Arch), needed one new side skin and a new rear wheel arch, the rear axled needed checking plus 2 new wheels.

It all added up. To go to Arch, the whole of the front of the car was taken apart inc. the engine out just to get to one member and replace the side skin - logical but the labour involved is considerable, which you tend to forget about.

Ok, mine's not the most expensive Caterham, but it was very close to being written off. The repair costs came to just under the 60ish percent of the car's value at which they write them off.

As said before it takes a good few months to sort. Make sure you get it MOT'ed before you get it back if it's lapse in the meantime.

Edited by - MusCat on 1 Dec 2011 18:25:46

• 4 weeks later...