Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Carb Filter plate K&N

fastforward

In the dead of night one flew off never to be seen again. Have you got a spare lying around it is the chrome plated cover with the central screw hole which retains the filter in place. I don't really want to go to the stainless steel update if I can avoid it.

Brian

brianfyfe@ema.org.uk

I seem to remember that they stopped making the ones with the central screw fixing because occasionally the nut behind the 'bridge' would come loose and then enter the trumpet with obvious results. I've seen the results of this happening to a race car and the piston was a mess.

However, the alternative design has its own weak spot. One of the screws holding the pillar in place from the back plate has a tendancy to come slightly loose so that you cannot undo the nut on the front. This screw is loctite'd in and is a real pain.

Are there any makes that do K&N clones as I like the style but not the detail.

Cheers,

Graham

The bridge on mine is different in that the 'nut' is now part of it. It is a black steel collar arrangement which wraps round the the stainless steel bridge. I can imagine the mess caused by dropping nuts , and the number of times it must have happened to force this development. Nevertheless on seeking to get a replacement I was told that the problem I had is not uncommon. I know it is a tech question but if any one has any thoughts on this I too would be pleased to hear them.

Hi, I have also lost one k&n cover, never to be seen again.This must be a common problem.I would be very interested in purchasing one.I ordered one from the USA via Demon Tweeks but they rang today to say they are no longer available. MIKE

Graham Sewell has sorted me out and let me have his plates so thank you very much both to Graham, of course, and to you too John. Mick give John a ring and I hope you also get fixed up. The outstanding matter for me is to get the fixing screws. Should not be a problem I hope.

This is an ideal example of the way the web site is supporting the members (we are all members I trust). Brilliant.

Brian

brianfyfe@ema.org.uk