Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cracked plastic T coolant junction on Duratec anyone?

fred_gustafsson

Twice have I been stranded with water leaks because of the stupid little barbed T junction sits half way on the main water hose (just above the modine). It seems to develop a fine crack next right up against the junction itself. This has happened after demanding days at tracks and blats. Why is this happening and has it happened to anyone else.

I will replace it with a brass one as soon as possible.

Its a Duratec 175.

There is I think an identical one used on the sigma engine which is pretty poor *thumbdown*

Mine started to weep & when I tried to tighten one of the jubilee clips(at home luckily) the plastic tee shatered covering me & the car in boiling coolant *thumbdown* *thumbdown*

I soldered up a 15mm copper tee piece & three short lenths of tube & the modification has been perfect for three years now. *thumbup* Cost about 50p *wink*

Quoting fred_gustafsson: 
Twice have I been stranded with water leaks because of the stupid little barbed T junction sits half way on the main water hose (just above the modine). It seems to develop a fine crack next right up against the junction itself. This has happened after demanding days at tracks and blats. Why is this happening and has it happened to anyone else.

I will replace it with a brass one as soon as possible.

Its a Duratec 175.

If its this part below:

T Piece

Mine failed in exactly the same way on my R500 Duratec whilst on a sprint day at Curborough.

My friend Brad found me a thicker and better one for a few pounds from Halfords.

Never failed again since.