Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Willans 6-point harnesses

bobt

Hi,

I'm looking at getting a pair of the Willans 'Silverstone LDT6 Caterham' harnesses. On the Willans website they show them as having the regular mounting plates which have a hole through which to pass the fixing bolt.

However on Demon Tweeks tho the mountings are shown and listed as being the hook and eye-bolt type *confused*

Do people who use the willans 6-pointers swap over to use hook and eye style harnesses? or can you buy the harnesses from somewhere with the regular plate style fixing?

Thanks

Rob

I have just fitted a new seat belt and although I previously used Willans this time I have tried TRS (Total Restraint Systems). There are 2 notable differences. The TRS belt is a "pull down" type where the belt strap adjusjment gubbins is all near the centre buckle and so doesn't jam between the side of the seat and the cockpit sides (I'm sure Willans and other makes must offer this). The other item which I very much like is the TRS belt adjusters. They are of a different design to my Willans and are VERY much easier to adjust.

I have also opted for 2" (instead of 3" on my Willans) lap belt which again makes for easier adjustment.

I'm not suggesting you change but if you are interested -Demon Tweeks - speak to Dave Kimberly

ECR Hi,

just looked at the TRS harness, does look a better design, do you know if they are only Hook and eye, and did the eye screw straight into existing bolt holes, or was some fettling required, 😬

cheers

Tim

They are available with whatever end fittings you want - specify at order time (fitting was straightforward).

Not exactly sure which model I have It doesn't seem to appear exactly on their web site. It's the Pro style but with different adjusters and the crotch straps fixed to the buckle. Best phone Dave and ask what he supplied me : 01978 663027 (Daves direct line) or davek@demon-tweeks.co.uk.

Edited by - ECR on 17 Jun 2011 11:47:56

To answer your question...

Do people who use the willans 6-pointers swap over to use hook and eye style harnesses? or can you buy the harnesses from somewhere with the regular plate style fixing?

My Willans 6 pointers have plate fixings on all 6 points.