Click here if you are having website access problems ×

FIA Roll Bars - which one?

richy

Richy,

I just had the very same question answered by Darren at the Caterham parts division. The second option is the kit, so includes the bar and the fixings, whereas the top one is the bar only, without bolts etc. The latter is cheaper as they encourage buyers to buy new fixings when they get the FIA bar.

Hope that helps.

Oli

Richy,

How tall are you? How far above the parapet is your head at the moment? Consider getting a tall bar if you don't have a lowered floor, it's great to be allowed on trackdays if you have an FIA bar but there's no point to any bar if your head is as high or higher than it!

I went straight to caged as I needed a bespoke bar made, very helpful, and they include all fixings, head rests and petty strut too.

Incidentally, following John's advice I went to Caged directly and got a quote of £215 plus VAT for an FIA bar, which was cheaper than CC. I need one pretty swiftly though and unfortunately it took a few days to get in touch with them (no criticism of them at all) and they said the lead time was just over a week. If I had more time and could have been more patient, I'd have snapped their proverbial hand off.

Oli