Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fireblade diff ratio?

7Nut

After having to bail out of being squadron leader for the Essex blat on 20th March, I've finally been able to get the diff out. *biggrin*

An inspection of the diff has found two teeth on the big crown wheel are missing *mad*

Looks like I'll be going to Phil at Road and Race Transmissions on Tuesday.

Enjoy the sunny blatting *cool*

Edited by - 7Nut on 26 Apr 2011 17:01:15

Hi Stew,

I too am off the road. Front Hub *mad*

Very frustrating but I have taken the opportunity to carry out a fair bit of maintenance that I couldn't get motivated to do in the cold winter *thumbup*

Good luck with the Diff

Regards

Dignity

Stewy, have you checked Phil has a 3.27:1 ratio CW&P? there gettin hard to get hold of... unless the one in your spare open diff is in a serviceable condition..?

I got mine at Rimmer Bro's brand new Ex BL stock... although the quality of the british leyland steel is not the best. there was a thread on here somewhere about Jigsaw racing selling CW&P's made in Germany from better quality steel, whether they sell a 3.27:1 remains to be seen.

The quality of the Jigsaw cw&p is in a different league to BL NOS *thumbup*

Looks like they do a 3.27 for the Spitfire at least here so worth a call. Have a 3.63 in my 4 speed Supersprint and found them very pleasant to deal with. R+R did the work via 7 Indulgence.

Thanks for all the comments chaps *biggrin*

Steve, I've had a look at the crown wheel in my open diff and all seems well. Measurements of each wheel (good and knackered) seem to me to be the same, so I'm hoping it'll be a straight swap.

Will definately look into getting a spare crown wheel and pinion.

*smile*

So I've just got back from seeing a diff expert in town and my open diff crown wheel is not looking to pretty either *mad*

As Steve says, the 3.27:1 crown wheel and pinions are getting hard to get hold of.

If I can't find one, whats the next best one to fit 🤔

Cheers,

I'm just considering putting my Blackbird-engined SV back to K-series and would have the diff available.

It's the standard 3.14 version - non-LSD (at least I don't think it has an LSD).

The car has done 6k and there appears to be very little backlash on the diff.

Cheers - Simon