Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Radiator

Mr Locust

To suit 2003 K series S3.

Having gone through Caterham aluminium crimped header tank type (x2, first one failed zero hours use) and now a Radtec, I am seriously fed up with the whole Caterham radiator situation.

Seriously considering getting an old fashioned copper/brass type made up.

Before going down that route, does anyone have a serviceable spare in the way?

I feel your pain.

I can't be bothered to google the early dates of the motor car, but we can put men in space, apparently put men on the moon, used to be able to fly supersonic in a passenger aeroplane, so in the name of all that's Holy, why can't we keep hot water in a Caterham?

After 3 years of engine problems, coolant losses, engine rebuilds, more engine problems and more coolant losses, more engine rebuilds, I have changed all my hoses and (again) pressure tested the system and now my Radtec radiator appears to be leaking.

Does wtf actually sum up my position? *confused* *confused* *confused* *confused*

I thought it was a "tube sheet", not a "tubesheet"?

My original, 10yr old, 50,000 mile Caterham one has just started to leak at the lower RHS from a tube or two - initially thought it was the hose to rad connection. Looks to be the swaging of the tube, rather than actual tube failure.

Doesn't lose much coolant, but while I'm happy to carry on as normal on the daily commute, I'm a bit worried about the summer trip. Last time we spent a day or two at high speed in high temps down into Italy, plus an hour or two sat in a traffic jam.

I'm considering shoving some Bars aluminium rad leak stopper stuff in - but a little concerned about the effects on the rest of the system.

I do have a Caterham brass/copper rad at my spares depositry in Halifax which looks very Stanpart, but I'm not 100% it's leak-free.

Bri