Click here if you are having website access problems ×

C400 Air Filter Cover

Mike Scott

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have any experience of using / fitting the C400 Air Filter Cover - Race CC part# here on a Duratec roller barrel set up 🤔

Do you know if it fits onto the standard CSR carbon back plate CC part# here and will it fit over the standard Piper Cross foam filter 🤔

I’d appreciate anything I’d need to look out for in fitting this.

Cheers

Mike

Mike

fitted mine last night. It will go on the back plate you linked to and is designed to go over the pipercross filter. The down sides are: The normal air filter 1/4 turn fixings are not long enough so I used M8 stainless domes heads which look very good. There is also a fixing at the bottom and there is nothing to attach that to on the carbon back plate. I am using a aly back plate so a Rivnut was fitted and works perfectly.

If you need one I have a blank (no T.B holes) back plate that I could not use and it's got a carbon plate neatly fitted for the lower mounting hole.

cheers

Jason

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the prompt reply *thumbup*

I think I’ll invest in some longer DZUS fasteners to fix onto the ¼ turn fixings; I already have the carbon back box. I guess there is plenty of clearance between the C400 air filter cover and the internal foam filter so there is no risk of air restriction 🤔

Cheers

Mike

Hi Jason,

I’d be interested to hear the results of you RR session, when are you having it done 🤔

I’m planning on going the same route myself and won’t buy the filter cover if it’s too restrictive; please e-mail direct eMail

Cheers

Mike

Hi Carl,

No I’ve not a problem with noise. I’d like to maximise ambient air induction to maximise power, using the foam filter I have, but protect it from the worst of the elements using the air filter cover. I’m booking a RR session and will get a filter cover if it doesn’t reduce power / air induction.

Cheers

Mike

I see

I am interested to play around with the Big F1 airbox i have (same as K2 RUM) i think one of your guys on the island runs one

If you have the standard roller barrels that is another area for improvement

Mad Hatter The Dura Mentalist 😬 Carl @ Penn 7's *thumbup* Caution - May Contain Nuts !