Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Widest usable MB wheels

marcos59

• Area Representative

I would like to know what MB wheels size are commonly used on speed serie championship (inner/outer)

Originals are 6,5/8,5 but when I look club speed championship serie pictured most of cars have widest ones (especially at front)

Thanks ! 😶‍🌫️

• 1 month later...
  • Area Representative

What tyres are used/allowed in class 5 ?

If most class 5 cars are using 7.5" fronts and 8.5" rears with 215 tyres on the front and 235 tyres on the rear they are not:

- Toyo 888 as they only made 205/60/13 or 215/45/13

- Yoko A048 as they only made 205/60/13

Are they Kumho V70 215/50/13 and 235/45/13 ?

I have no knowledge about Kumho tyres. Are they similar in preformance with toyo 888 or Yoko A048 ?

• Area Representative
What tyres are used/allowed in class 5 ?

The regulations read:-

Tyres to be any road legal E-marked radial tyre or listed in 2010 MSA Technical Regulations Permitted Tyres (L) Lists 1A and 1B – radial tyres only. Maximum tyre width 235mm except for the Caterham CSR where the standard factory fitted tyre specification may also be used.

Yes, Kumho V70's are the most commonly used tyres. They're available in bot "soft" and "Supersoft" compounds, both of which are likely to overheat on anything but short UK sprints and hillclimbs, but grip reasonably well from cold.

• Support Team

For trackday only, V70s in either medium or hard compound would work. I have soft/supersoft for sprinting and hard compound for trackdays. You could get away with medium compound depending on your power output and how many laps at a time you intend to do.

If I didn't have a Kumho setup for sprinting I might try R888 for trackdays (I have tried R888 soft for sprinting and liked them but they didn't work as well as the Kumhos do).

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing