Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Anybody got a pic of new caterham wheels/cxr'x with flares

jp7

• Area Representative

Hi Jon,

TC's first seven was a flared wing car in the BRG/Yellow anniversary colours and I have got some pics of it with the 15" 10 spoke anthracites and tillet seats 😬 Definitely a great look *thumbup*

Drop me a blatmail with your email address and I'll send one or two over

Cheers

Nick

Back in a BEC! - but done alright in Class 1...

Compomotives look way better...I don't see why clams make a difference to this fact:

here.

I have got two sets, one grey, one black. The grey are much nicer I think as they have 'sparkles' like the anthracite CC wheels.

Now I need a third set to finally get rid of the last set of minlites for the track tyres.

Hi guys, many thanks for your replies, much appreciated.

They look good, my only concern was that the new caterham wheel is more inset on the front, ET24 i believe, compared to the old minator, so might look as though the wheel is too far 'into' the car' and not filling the clam, if that makes sense.

Michael, did you replace the studs on your hubs with longer ones to use the wheels, our cars are of a similar age and i only have 32mm of stud protruding, not sure if this is enough?

cheers

Jon

• Leadership Team

I ran with the original studs for a couple of years. I then met a very thorough scrutineer at Harwood hillclimb who pointed out (having spent ages with his micrometer) that I was JUST outside of the MSA regulations that say that you have to have 1.5x the diameter of stud as depth within the nuts. I was something like 1.46x from memory *eek*

Anyway, I got to compete, but did change them when I rebuilt the car that winter.

Michael.