Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Dashboard Rewiring

alan7

Just taken the Scuttle off OMG *eek* the dash must have been wired by an Italian - there's so much spaghetti *confused*

Q1 the unplugged black diagnostic plug - is it needed or can I take all the wires off? I've traced the wires to the immobiliser, fuel pump fuse & "engine diagnostic" plug.

Q2 the wiring diagram shows an "engine diagnostic plug" - any idea where it is?

Q3 all the earth wires go back to the wiper motor mounting bolt - is there a better place so I can reduce the cable run?

Bound to be more Q when I start digging deeper.

Thanks

Al *eek*

How do you get the dead flies off your teeth....... 😬 R5AAH

Alan plenty of room for improvement

After seeing the job done on the Linds machine the Caterham loom looks like Carp

When i do mine i will make 2 seperate looms, one for anything that runs the engine and one for the rest

And keep it simple, should save 3 - 4 kgs *thumbup*

Mad Hatter The Dura Mentalist 😬 Carl @ Penn 7's *thumbup* Caution - May Contain Nuts !

Q1 the unplugged black diagnostic plug - is it needed or can I take all the wires off? I've traced the wires to the immobiliser, fuel pump fuse & "engine diagnostic" plug.

Q2 the wiring diagram shows an "engine diagnostic plug" - any idea where it is?

Q3 all the earth wires go back to the wiper motor mounting bolt - is there a better place so I can reduce the cable run?

Just working on mine too... Nighmare but it will be ok in the end.

My engine diagnostic plug is under the dash on the right. it's an OBD2 plug and it will be needed if you want the ecu played with although mines getting cut out but I'm fitting another smaller, neater version in the engine loom. Mine is also getting two looms, one engine related and one for everything else.

Jason